Join our Farm and Processing Team!
Spend the season in Vermont’s green pastures raising a variety of pastured livestock, developing a broad spectrum of agricultural skills, and learning the ins and outs of professional poultry processing. Join a team of dedicated, hard-working, goofy individuals who support, teach, and learn from each other every day!
Maple Wind Farm is a pasture-based livestock farm operating in Richmond and Bolton, Vermont for more than 20 years. The farm produces pasture-raised non-GMO pork, turkeys, layer and broiler chickens, and 100% grass-fed beef. The core of our agricultural mission centers around daily moves of our livestock, providing animals with the freshest pasture possible, while regenerating soil & water resources. Our certified organic, USDA poultry slaughter and meat processing plant allows us to bring these high-quality, regenerative proteins directly to our discerning customers.
We’re seeking passionate individuals to join our Pasture-Based Livestock Farm and Processing Crew. Crew members will work both out in the field (75% of the week) and in the processing unit (25% of the week). Crew members will have a hand in all aspects of farm & unit operations, contributing throughout the entire field-to-plate process. Ideal crew members will possess a positive attitude & sense of humor, can remain flexible and innovative on the job, and exhibit a strong interest in regenerative agriculture. Benefits include:
● Wages ranging from $15-17/hour, D.O.E.
● A 4-day workweek (10-hour days, 7am to 5pm)
● Access to free meats and eggs when available.
● Staff discount at our on-farm and online stores.
● Workers Compensation Insurance.
Potential crew members must be willing to work (1) weekend day per week. Position begins early May and lasts until Thanksgiving week. Farming/outdoor work experience is preferred but not required!
Why Should You Apply?
● A fantastic farm culture that is built on principles of integrity and respect. ● Our great location is just 20 minutes away from Burlington, with easy access to outdoor pursuits such as hiking, fishing, mountain biking and hunting.
● We offer competitive wages and benefits, and hold a strong commitment to a 4-day work week.
● Contributing to a local food system, while regenerating soil and water resources. Interested?
Please email our Farm Director, Lindsay St. Pierre, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send a resume & 2-3 paragraphs outlining a bit about yourself, relevant experience/education, and why you’re interested in the position. Looking forward to hearing from you!